Winter Organic Cereals23 November 2017
Diversity in the field - the way forward?
Casterley Barn, Rushall Organics, Pewsey, Wiltshire SN9 6EG
9.30am to 5pm
Join us at Rushall Organics for a one-day workshop to discuss intercropping (morning) and cereal diversification (afternoon). There will be a tour of the farm and grain store and a chance to see new sowing and harvesting technologies used on the farm.
- Benefits of intercropping. Examples from around the world
- Share experiences of intercropping - what has worked and what hasnít? What are the barriers to uptake?
- Funded opportunities to get involved in intercropping trials
- Exploring opportunities for local, heritage, organic/low-input and alternative cereals in the UK, e.g. spelt, rye, oats, heritage wheat, barley, emmer and einkorn
- Sharing innovations in the production, processing and marketing of agrobiodiverse cereals, with examples from along the supply chain
Full programme coming soon!
£12 (Inc. VAT) to cover the costs of lunch, tea and coffee. Please book by 9th November 2017. To book, please click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To event list