Ms. Katie Bliss
Job titleKnowledge Exchange Officer
Contact detailsEmail prefix: katie.b (add suffix @organicresearchcentre.com)
Phone: +44 (0)1488 646252 - extn. 6252
Mobile: +44 (0)7398 970206
Postal address: Trent Lodge,Stroud Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 6JN
- MSc Agroecology, Wageningen University /NMBU Norway, 2016
- BA Geography, Environment and Development Studies, University of Sussex, 2005
Main roles and responsibilities
- Facilitating knowledge exchange and access to practical information resources in relation to sustainable agriculture and organic arable production.
- Leading development of Agricology – the information hub for farmers (organic and conventional) and related professions interested in working towards more sustainable practices in agriculture.
- Supporting a network of organic farmer innovation groups across Europe as part of OK-Net Arable, a Horizon2020 thematic network.
External activitiesCo-manager of family farm in East Anglia. Working towards a more agroecological approach in collaboration with neighbouring farmers to diversify the rotation, including livestock and grass leys.
Karley A, Banfield-Zadin J, Bickler C, Bliss K, Brooker R, Iannetta P, Midmer A, Mitchell C, Newton A, Pakeman R, Pearce B, Tippin L, George D (2019) Knowledge Exchange in ‘Plant Team’ Cropping with On-Farm Participatory Research. In First European Conference on Crop Diversification. September 18-21, 2019 Budapest. Book of abstracts. 56-57.
Bliss K, Bickler C, Villa A, Tippin L, Vieweger A, Meldrum J, Padel S, Pearce B, Lea M (2019) Getting out of the commodity trap: Enabling diversity through alternative food networks. In First European Conference on Crop Diversification. September 18-21, 2019 Budapest. Book of abstracts. 310-311.
Bliss, Katie; Padel, Susanne; Cullen, Beth; Ducottet, Charline; Mullender, Samantha; Rasmussen, Ilse A. and Moeskops, Bram (2018) Exchanging knowledge to improve organic arable farming: An evaluation of knowledge exchange tools with farmer groups across Europe. Organic Agriculture, online, X.