Annual Organic Producers’ Conferences
Since 2006, ORC has organised, with the support of IOTA, the Organic Growers Alliance and other organic organisations, an annual conference focusing on developing organic principles and best practice from technical, business, environmental and social perspectives. The conference is a meeting place for producers, advisers, researchers and other interested in organic/agro-ecological approaches to sustainable food production, exploring the latest ideas for developing systems and improving their performance.
The first four conferences were made possible through Defra/EU funding for the Organic Inform project, with all conferences also receiving valuable sponsorship from Triodos Bank and others.
The session summaries and most speaker presentations are available on-line by following the links below:
- 11th ORC Organic Producers' Conference: Rising to the challenge: Practical organic farming solutions for an uncertain future (Birmingham, February 2017)
- 10th ORC Organic Producers' Conference: Common ground: Agroecology, food sovereignty and organic farming in practice (Bristol, January 2016)
- 9th ORC Organic Producers' Conference: Practical research and innovation - diversity in practice (Solihull, November 2014)
- 8th ORC Organic Producers Conference: Intensive Sustainability or Sustainable Intensification? (Birmingham, January 2014)
- 7th ORC Organic Producers Conference: Making producer-led innovation a reality (Birmingham, January 2013)
- 6th ORC Organic Producers Conference: Developing better organic systems (Birmingham, January 2012)
- 5th ORC Organic Producers Conference: Facing future challenges (Cotswold Water Park, January 2011)
- 4th ORC Organic Producers Conference: Promoting organic principles, best practice and policies (Harper Adams, January 2010)
- 3rd ORC Organic Producers Conference: For richer and poorer, for better or worse? (Harper Adams, January 2009)
- 2nd ORC Organic Producers Conference: Doing it right, doing it better (Cirencester, December 2007)
- 1st ORC Organic Producers Conference: Taking control (Cirencester, December 2006)
Future sustainability of organic and low-input milk production: Challenges and solutions.
This conference on 26-27 January 2016 at the Novotel in Bristol presented and debated the outcomes of the Sustainable Organic and Low- Input Dairying (SOLID) project Read reports and view presentations