IOTA provides its Members with a host of benefits and services, several of which are accessible through the Members' Area of the IOTA website. IOTA welcomes anyone working as an organic adviser, trainer or extension officer, including inspectors and researchers. It offers Accredited Membership to suitably-experienced advisers and trainers and a Subscriber Membership service to advisers and others wishing to access a range of specialist information services. The IOTA services available to members are outlined below, followed by information on how to join.
Why join IOTA?
IOTA offers a number of benefits to members:
- a unique accreditation scheme, backed by a CPD programme, which demonstrates your expertise and helps you to secure more business
- a register of accredited members accessed by farmers and by public and private organisations seeking to source advice and training
- regular updates of technical and standards information from the principle organic organisations in the UK at reduced rates (see below)
- access to the results of the European-wide organic research programmes
- a forum for organic advisers and trainers for information exchange, meetings and representation.
Technical information for IOTA members
IOTA members receive access to information through an annual seminar, printed material, a website and information exchange between members, including:
- Soil Association Producer Support Package including:
- Organic Farming magazine
- Annual Organic Food and Farming Report
- Telephone help lines
- Briefing sheets, Q & A documents, fact sheets, other printed information
- Priority booking and discounts for events
- Information on the market development work undertaken by producer services
- Access the member-only area of the website (www.soilassociation.org)
- Services from Organic Research Centre including:
- ORC bulletin and e-bulletin
- 15% discount on events and other publications
- UK Organic Standards and Updates from:
IOTA provides members with access to a wide range of advisory tools, including the OrgPlan conversion planning programme, the ORC Farm Sustainability Tool (FAST), Nutrient Budgeting Tool and manure planning proforma.
IOTA members’ information exchange
All IOTA Members are encouraged to exchange information.
How to join?
There are three types of IOTA Membership:
IOTA Subscriber Membership is open to anyone wishing to receive the full range of IOTA information services (subscribers do not have voting rights). Subscriber fees are £175.00 per year plus VAT.
2. Accredited membership
Accredited Membership is specifically for advisers and trainers working with organic producers. Acceptance is at the discretion of the IOTA Review Panel. Accredited Members receive the IOTA Subscribers' Membership pack and full range of services, together with registration and listing as an IOTA Accredited Member. Accredited Membership fees are £175.00 per year plus a one off fee of £150.00 for Accreditation = £325.00 total plus VAT.Further information on accreditation and the procedures involved can be found here.
3. Corporate membership
Corporate Membership is offered to organizations and companies who wish to support IOTA and receive all our technical information. It is primarily for those Government and non-Governmental organizations and companies working in policy, standards and extension involved both directly and indirectly with organic farming, the environment and food quality. Corporate Membership fees are £250.00 per year plus VAT.
Organizations providing technical organic farming advice and/or information should apply for individual, personal membership - IOTA subscription, or if providing advice or training - IOTA accreditation.
Membership provides one copy of all IOTA publications and mailings. Please ask for a quotation for additional copies. Multiple copies of IOTA email updates and information can be provided at no extra cost; please provide us with the addresses. Corporate membership allows all employed staff to attend IOTA events at the discounted IOTA rate.